Denture Soft Liners in Peterborough ON
If you are suffering from denture sore spots, speak to us about how a soft liner may help you. Soft liners are used to increase your chewing comfort in new or existing dentures. They are bonded to the surface of your dentures and rest on the tissue side, acting as a shock absorber between the harder denture base and sensitive oral tissues.
Permanent soft liners provide comfort and relief for individuals with:
- Chronic soreness
- Severely flattened ridges that do not tolerate the chewing pressure comfortably
- Ridges with prominent or sharp bony areas
Advantages of soft liners
- Greater comfort; many denture wearers report that they can chew food more comfortably
- Patients experience a reduced number of sore spots
- A proven technology, soft liners have been available for over 40 years, and during that time the materials and technology have steadily improved
Things to think about with soft liners
- Special consideration in the use of proper cleansers and proper home care must be given to soft liners
- Like all dentures, soft lined dentures require regular follow up visits with a Denturist to examine the fit of the dentures, the health of the oral tissues, and to professionally clean dentures, if recommended.
Ask us how you could benefit from a soft liner.
***Educational material reprinted with permission from The Denturist Association of Ontario (DAO) Copyright © 2014 The Denturist Association of Ontario.