How do I know dentures are for me?
Your Denturist will provide you with the professional advice you need to make an informed decision regarding the denture choice that is best for you.
The importance of a thorough consultation and examination with your Denturist is essential. This consultation gives you the chance to discuss your concerns and the treatment options available to you. It also allows your Denturist the opportunity to assess your oral condition and address your needs and expectations.
Chewing efficiently is the first step in digestion. Once the food is minced to a consistency that is safe to swallow, acids in the stomach break down the food further for your body to use.
If you suffer from heartburn, acid reflux, or other stomach-related problems, this may be due to your lack of chewing ability, dull teeth or other related denture concerns.
How long should dentures last?
Dentures are no different than other dental/medical devices or prostheses, they require regular maintenance by your Denturist and will eventually need to be replaced.
Your Denturist is the professional who will advise you on your specific oral health needs and circumstances. Most dental insurance plans cover dentures every five years.
Why choose a Denturist?
- A Denturist is a healthcare professional regulated under the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Denturists are governed by the same legislation as Dental Hygienists, Medical Doctors, Surgeons, Dentists, Chiropractors, Nurses and Pharmacists, to name a few professionals.
- Anyone may consult a Denturist without a referral from another health care professional. Denturists provide cost and time-effective denture treatment.
- Most Denturists’ laboratory work is performed on the premises to ensure that quality of care is consistent and personal.
- Some Denturists will make special arrangements for home or hospital visits.
- Your Denturist’s experience and professionalism make him or her the best possible choice to help you achieve the maximum benefit from the most advanced denture technology.
Are Denturist services covered by insurance?
Most Denturists’ fees are covered by dental plans. If you have a dental plan, ask your Denturist to assist you in determining what speciﬁc services are covered.
You can improve your smile, self-confidence and possibly your health with quality dentures.
***Educational material reprinted with permission from The Denturist Association of Ontario (DAO) Copyright © 2014 The Denturist Association of Ontario.